Friday, June 5, 2009

Its Been Emotional

Here is the post I should have done earlier. I turned 28 last week so now Im a little older but the wiser is yet to be seen. I would like to thank Cool Breeze for throwing me an awesome surprise birthday dinner including special guests Bigness, Rach, Nashville Tennessee, Wee Man, Prince Po Radical, Idgy and Hoolio Jones. I would also like to thank all of the people that sent me texts or Facebook love. It really is appreciated.
27 was a great year for me, probably the best on record - I had an awesome time in Brasil, met a ton of people, moved house, discovered cameras, changed jobs and for the first time in my life actually have a plan for the next few years. Sort of. I think 28 is going to be just as good.

So all that aside here are some pho to's

Cold chiilin on my only day off cos when you work 6 days a week you try and cram as much as you can into your day as possible but when you had beers the night before most plans go out the window.

Headed to the Rose St Sneaker Swap Meet to scoop a bargain but came home empty handed. The only sneakers I wanted were $250 and I thought with more sneakers than jumpers I should probably purchase the latter what with winter lurking around the corner.

Entrance

Photobucket

Heaven?

Photobucket

So many people turned out. The Sneaker culture is strong in Melbourne. Like the force in Luke Skywalker.

Photobucket

This guy was doing flat land in the car park

Photobucket


This photo might not look to special but for anyone in the know the two guys in this pic are Woody (left), Head Honcho of Sneaker Freaker Magazine, and Hans (the other guy) - DJ, sneaker nerd and all round good guy.

Photobucket


And now a song. For the first time ever I am interested in local hip hop. Not just these guys but also Earthboy, Hilltops and Horrorshow. Good times.



Thanks for you patience.

0 comments: