Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Half Way Mark

Alright so alot of shit has happened in the past week, too much to write about, but lets just say that the highlight was when I thought I was going to be kidnapped. If you want to hear this story in full buy me a beer when I get back and I will fill you in. My camera broke too which gave me the shits because I had to buy a new one as not taking photos for the next month and a half is not an option. I ended up paying more for a shit camera in Brazil than I did for a pretty good camera in Australia. Bad times.
After Morro de Sao Paulo I went to Salvador for a few days so I could make a plan of where to go next. Salvador was okay. I didnt get to see much of it but it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. After Salvador I went to Lencois which is 6 hrs inland from Salvador. I thought it would be a a good idea to get away from the beach for a while and do some hiking. Lencois was pretty cool - did a day trip to some caves on the first day then did a two day treck to a national park and some waterfalls. The treck was pretty cool but by the end of the second day I had heat stroke which was not much fun. Heat stroke is like a chronic hangover minus the glory of the night before.
Right now Im in Olinda and fucking half asleep because I just spent the better part of the night and 14 hours on the bus. I need sleep, beer and food. In no perticular order. Stay tuned for a better blog some other day.
Oh yeah. You might need to start making plans for celebrations because I head home in 47 days. Or some shit like that.
Captain Snooze.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello luke, I miss you! You look your having a good time. Can't wait for you to come back and see my fat belly, baby due 2nd March (he's gonna be a soccer player)!
Love Rach x x x x x x