Monday, July 14, 2008

Buzois

Last time I got my blog on I was eagerly awating the delivery of my bank card which finally came and just in time too. I thought I was going to have to start trying to sell my booty down on Copacabana beach. I was going to head to Buzois after Rio but a mate was heading to Ilha Grande which is an Island about three hours south of Rio but after four beers he had me convinced that I should go too and Im glad I did. To get there we had to catch a 2 taxis, a bus and a boat which is probably fun if your not hung over as sin (can you see a trend appearing?) but lets face it - any trip that involves an 80 minute boat ride to an Island is pretty cool. Ilha Grande was awesome. The hostel was cheap and right on the water with an awesome view of the town and all of the fishing boats in the bay. Everyone on the Island was pretty laid back but I just think thats because half of them were stoned. This was a welcome change from Rio which is a pretty full on place - there is nothing like the feeling that you may have to give up your wallet at any second. On the first day we did some snorkeling at a place called the Green lagoon which was okay but I was reminded of how much I am scared of being eaten by sharks. No shit. Sharks are scary. I kept hearing that Jaws music. The next day we went for massive 3 hour walk through the forest to one of the Islands best beaches. It was awesome. Hard work but fun. I got photos which I promise I will put up soon. For the record I actually spent a good part of yesterday walking around town trying to ask for a USB lead for my camera in Portuguese.
Right now I am in Buzois which is awesome. Another laid back town but more for rich prople. Aparently Bridget Bardot came here back in the day - there is a statue dedicated to her and a street named after her. The streets are paved with cobble stones and its right on the water with heaps of bars and restaurants. Tomorrow Im heading to Itaunas (sp) which is having a big music festival which should be cool. The only down side being that I will probably have to spend a day catching busses and shit. Busses arent cool. Believe.
Watch this space.
Luke Bloggy Blogg.

0 comments: