Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Waiting for another bus.

Hey there loyal reader its your man in the field Future Mcgavin broadcasting live from O dot S. Ive been to a few places in the last week and have spent a lot of time waiting for, and on, busses. The highlights of my bus rides so far would have to be the 20 hour bus ride I had to take from Rio to Porto Seguro. I had to wait 8 hrs in the Rio bus station which was not much fun because what can you do in a bus station? I will tell you. Not much. Drink beer and watch Brazilian Soap operas. So on the bus the first 10 hours went okay but then some kid decided to spew all up and down the isle. At first I just thought it was water but there is not much mistaking that smell. So that was bad but it got cleaned up eventually. I was hoping that that would be it but then the toilet broke and made the whole bus smell like shit. We are talking a good 3 hours of driving around in a shitty smelling bus people. THEN they put on ``Dumb and Dumber 2´´. The toilet braking was bad but when this came on I almost followed that little kids example.
But enough about busses. I wanted to go to Porto Seguro because I read that it was a bit of a party town and I was ready to get amongst it. It was a bit dissapointing really. All it was was a lot of arts and craft stands, people selling drinks on the streets, and underage kids. The town of Porto Seguro is not very nice and the beaches are nothing special so I spent a few days there then decided to catch the ferry to the next town up the coast called Arraial d´Ajuda. Arraial was fucking awesome. The town was charming, the people were nice, the beaches were awesome and the hostel was great. I was also rolling with a pretty decent crew which involved a Brazillian, 2 Dutchies, 3 French, a Spaniard and a Mexican. It was like the UN for backpackers. Yesterday we spent four hours walking along the beach to another little fishing town called Trancoso. Trancoso is actually not very exciting but walking along the beach all day is cool and by the time we got there and had some food it was time to go home. The problem with this being that we missed the last bus and werent really keen for a four hour walk back to Arraial in the dark. We haggled with a taxi driver over the price but he didnt want to take us so we just started asking everyone that drove past with a car big enough to fit us all. No one wanted to take us but it was okay because the taxi driver caved in and decided to take us. Good times.
Right now I am back in Porto Seguro waiting another fucking 7 hours until my next bus which will take me to Valenca where I catch the connecting ferry to Morro de Sao Paulo. Morro (pronounced more-ho) is an island just off Salvador which everone I have spoken to says it is beautiful. Hopefully no one spews on this bus and I can finally do some fishing at Morro.

Here is a song cos its been a while. I have been hearing this song alot lately.
The song is called ``Mais que nada´´ Which basically translates to ``More than anything´´ and is by Sergio Mendes. Shake your booty to it.

0 comments: